Pastured Meats CSA
What You Get:
- 3 chickens per month for 6 months
- Frozen, whole birds processed in an USDA facility
- Pasture raised, with non-GMO local grain
- One quarter of a hog, disbursed in October or early November
- Born and raised on our farm
- We will do our absolute best to evenly disburse equal amounts of each type of cut. We cannot guarantee any specific amounts of a particular cut.
- Likely to be an even amount, per member, of; Bacon, bulk sausage, chops, ham steaks, and tenderloin medallions.
- Processed, smoked, and packaged in "humane kill" facility, Byron Center Meats.
- One whole pastured turkey, disbursed in early November
- Processed in USDA facility. Can be frozen or fresh.
- Large part of diet comes from pasture and bugs. Rotated daily
18 Chickens, 5LBS/bird, $5/Lb retail = $288
45lbs of pork (approx 1/4 hog), $6/lb retail= $270
1 Thanksgiving turkey (approx 15lbs) $5/lb retail= $75
$633 retail value for $500 CSA share cost, $133 in savings!